29 May 2016

I named it baby vada !

Paruppu vada is a South Indian snack . I have tried making paruppu vada only once when I was in India . So this morning thought of making some for my husband so that he can munch it while watching tv in the evening  . I dint tell him that I have made it . Once he comes from office I  would say there is a surprise ! The first thing he will do would be opening the fridge, because normally I make so many sweets for him :) 


This is how you make ..

Ingredients to be soaked 

-One glass of Bengal gram 

-Half glass of Red lentils 

-6 dried red chillies 

-4 green chillies 

-Little curry leaves for taste 


Soak all the above overnight in the same vessel . 


Next day , put it in the mixi jar and grind it to a paste . Before that add required salt and a pinch of Asafoetida. 


Keep some oil to heat , and then make small balls with the paste and fry it in the oil . 


You can eat this vada with chili/ tomato ketchup. I guess everybody would have the ketchup your fridge . Or else it goes well with onion , tomato, coconut , mint chutney as well . 


So depends on what you want ! Ketchup or chutney ..


So this is how the vada looked  !!! I named it baby vada .I am planning to taste it with chilli /tomato ketchup and green chilli sauce . 


5 comments:

  1. Thx for sharing with us, it looks yummy delicious. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for posting ur comments . Take care

      Delete
  2. looks delicious and tasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sm
      http://inthebothv.blogspot.ae/?m=0

      Delete

Navarathri 2023

 Hi ! Hope you all are having an absolutely wonderful Navarathri season. Here are some of my golu pictures . Let me know which one you liked...